Updated 10/27/2010 05:00 AM
Recipe: Oven Roasted Vegetables
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Makes about 8 cups
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut crosswise on bias into 1/2-3/4 inch slices
- 3-4 cups halved Brussel sprouts (see hints below)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and rough chopped
- 3-4 minced cloves garlic
- 2-3 Tbs finely minced fresh rosemary (or 2 tsp chopped dried rosemary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for coating veggies
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cut the vegetables into similar shapes and sizes so that they cook evenly.
Toss everything together with a generous amount of olive oil and mix everything up.
Divide that mixture onto two baking trays...in single layers...and place those trays into the preheated oven.
Depending on the size of the cut veggies, they could take 30-45 minutes or more to roast.
The Brussel sprouts will brown up a bit but that's okay because they'll develop a nice nutty flavor and, when the carrots and potatoes are soft, it's good to go!
It's a good idea to cut the potatoes last so they don't have a chance to brown up.
Remove the darker outer leaves of the Brussel sprouts before cutting them in halve thought the stem end.