COHOES, N.Y.-- Norlite is hosting an open house at its Saratoga St. facility in Cohoes today just three months after an incident at the plant
In August, a substance used to break down a material produced at the plant overheated inside a tank. The tank then vented the substance, as it is designed to do, but then overheated.
People in the area smelled a strong odor during the incident.
At the time, Cohoes Mayor George Primeau said the plant needed to do a better job of communicating in the event of a problem.
Today's open house is from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and will provide a tour of the facility, give people a look at how the plant operates and provide an opportunity to ask questions.