KINGSTON, N.Y. -- Kingston firefighters battled a dryer fire Sunday morning. Crews arrived at 17 Dunn Street and found one room in the rear of the house on fire.
One person was in the home and made it out safely and firefighters were able to rescue a cat from the second floor.
The fire was knocked down in about five minutes.
"We're quite proud. We do have less than two minute response time everywhere in the city and we were able to get here quick and that's why the fire did not get a chance to extend to the second floor," said Deputy Fire Chief Donald Allen.
The fire damaged the washer and dryer room and caused smoke damage throughout the house.
One firefighter suffered a minor injury.