National Night Out targets crime prevention
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
UNITED STATES -- For the 29th year, communities across the country will go out for block parties, cookouts, and other activities as part of the National Night Out. The initiative hopes to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness in neighborhoods and garner support for local anti-crime programs.
Last year, over 37 million people participated in more than 15,000 towns across the U.S. and Canada.
Locally, there are events planned in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Clifton Park, Cohoes, and many more communities.
1. Central BID - Robin St. between Central Ave. and Bradford St. - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. South End NA- Lincoln Square across from Lincoln Park - 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3. Creighton Story Apartments-Third Avenue Parking Lot- 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. Ida Yarborough - Courtyard by Boys/Girls Club - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
5. Eagle Hill NA - Cortland St and Sunset Ave. - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
6. Delaware Ave NA -331 Delaware Ave (Albany Public Library) - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
7. Center Square, Hudson Park, and Park South NA’s - Dana Ave. and Delaware Ave. - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
8. Helderberg NA - Helderberg Ave. and Lawnridge Ave. - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
9. Ezra Prentice Apartments - 600 Block of South Pearl Street- 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
10. North Albany - First Street Hackett Park - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
11. Arbor Hill - Field of Dreams (Lark Street/Manning Blvd.)- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
12. South Mall Towers - 99-101 South Pearl Street - 4:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
the 10th Street Park from 6 to 8 p.m.
6pm-9pm at Tawasentha Park.
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Clifton Common basketball courts.
GEORGE STREET PARK: 4:30 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
VAN SCHAICK ISLAND POND: 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
WEST END PARK: 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
GLEN MEADOWS POOL: 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
MAIN STREET: 5:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.