Updated 09/17/2012 02:49 PM
Family safe after fire at a home in Malta
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
MALTA, N.Y. -- Crews kept a garage fire from spreading inside a Malta home on Route 67 this morning.
Fire investigators say a passerby spotted the fire, and alerted the family inside. No one was hurt.
"The guys did a great job, they stopped it, did not get into the house. The house just sustained smoke damage, but they contained the fire to the garage," said Frank Mazza, Round Lake Fire Department.
Mazza says they believe the fire was accidental.