Schenectady home damaged in fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. -- Firefighters responded overnight to a fire at a home on Grand Boulevard in Schenectady. The call came in around 1:30 a.m.
A 50-year-old male resident was able to get out without any injuries.
The fire chief said the fire started from a blanket that was left too close to a space heater, then spread to the rest of the living room.
He said the living room was gutted, and there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.